These are for when you’re on week three of your sugar detox and you just can’t eat another fried egg for breakfast (i.e. my current situation). That’s right, these Coconut Banana Paleo Pancakes are 100% sugar-detox approved. Using just 4 ingredients and a blender, they are healthy and easy to make (even on a weekday).
These are delicious on their own, with plenty of flavor and sweetness from the banana and coconut. If you want to make them extra special, pour the Vanilla Tahini Drizzle on top. It has a syrupy consistency and sweet-nutty taste, plus tahini is loaded with vitamins and minerals like calcium, magnesium, and zinc.
Tips for getting the best pancakes:
- Use a cast iron pan on medium heat. Let it properly preheat, then add a bit of coconut oil. You don’t want the oil to get too hot and smoke, as that damages it and will burn your pancakes.
- Keep these small, about 3-4 inches around is a good, easy-to-flip size.
- Don’t burn them! They cook fast, about a minute on each side. Watch your pan and keep the heat on medium.
- 2 eggs
- 1 green-tipped banana
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tsp. melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat your pan over medium heat.
- Combine all the pancake ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add a bit of coconut oil to the pan and spread it around. Pour the batter directly from the blender into a 3-4 inch pancake. Cook until bubbles begin to form on the top, 1-2 minutes. Carefully flip the pancake and cook for another minute.
- While the pancakes are cooking, mix all the tahini ingredients together.
- Stack your cakes, top with extra banana or coconut flakes, and pour the Vanilla Tahini Drizzle over the top.
- This recipe makes 4 small pancakes, or 1 serving. Double both the pancake and tahini recipes to make 2 servings.