Hello and welcome! I’m Serena and I am a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, local food enthusiast, outdoor adventurer and world traveler. I’m so glad you stopped by my site, where you will find healthy seasonal recipes, nutrition topics, and lifestyle tips and trick to help you feel vibrant and well.
My personal path to wellness involves experimenting and cooking with whole foods (I love to cook!), taking my dog for hikes in the woods, and practicing yoga and self-care. These activities nourish my body and mind, allowing me to go forth and live my life with joy, vitality, and compassion.
I want to share my knowledge and excitement about how to treat yourself well, not only with food and exercise, but also through self-kindness and acceptance. Learn to celebrate yourself and, in the process, become that person you’ve always wanted to be.
I received my NTP certification through the Nutritional Therapy Association in Portland, OR. I completed my Health Coach training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. During my training, I studied dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts. My education has equipped me with extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on these skills and my knowledge of different dietary theories, I work with clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results.
A few fun facts you may or may not know about me:
- I have lived in Spain, Guatemala, and Mexico, and travelled to over 20 countries. International travel is in my blood. However, I’ve only been to a handful of U.S. states (if you don’t count airports). A few of my favorite places are Oaxaca (Mexico), San Sebastian (Spain), Rome and Amsterdam. I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have seen so much of the world.
- I double majored in International Studies and Spanish in college, hoping I could get paid to travel the world. When I realized that wasn’t going to happen, my focus started to shift toward nutrition.
- I listen to podcasts and self-help audiobooks while walking my dog. My favorite podcasts include Happier with Gretchen Rubin (I’m an obliger, btw), the Balanced Bites Podcast, and Dear Sugar.
- I am a huge Portland Trailblazers basketball fan! Go Rip City!
- I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 24 (see above).
- I live in the tiny town I grew up in: Cottage Grove, OR. One thing that I love about visiting other countries is that it makes me appreciate what I have at home. It’s always nice to get out of town, but it feels even better to come back home.
- I rarely listen to music. I prefer NPR and podcasts. I do like going to concerts and LOVE to dance. My first concert was the Grateful Dead, when I was 8, and my favorite live band is either Devil Makes Three, Beats Antique, or Pretty Lights (all very different).
- I was a strict vegetarian for 20+ years. After studying nutrition, I realized that protein is important! Now I eat bacon almost every day.
- I’ve been to Burning Man 5 times.
Looking for a healthy recipe? Here are a few of my favorites:
Superfood Morning Smoothie (my very first blog post)
Connect with me on Social Media:
I would love to connect with you, so please be sure to say “hi” on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. And don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter (I’ll send you a free 3 Day Refresh Program as a thank you)!